Well this was an interesting week. I'm continually learning about this weird culture. For example instead of pointing like we do in the states, they make like a kissing thing with their lips to point to what ever they are looking at. They also always just do weird stuff.
But anyways, my companion has been out for about 10 months. He's pretty cool he's from Lima Peru. So I'm forced to learn even more Spanish. So I figure that is good. Well the worm members that fed me worms in a drink are going to get baptized this month sometime. We had 3 more lined up for baptism but they did not show up to church so we have to postpone. Well lets see... It's crazy here in Honduras for example, I'll be in like a twig hut and somehow they manage to have a TV. It's crazy at least everyone has a TV.
Oh mom and dad find out about some contract that Honduras made with Cuba and Venezuela. Apparently it's for gas or something. But the president of Honduras is best friends with Mr Chavez of Cuba. The temple is still being postponed but when I talked to President he said they are working to get it built. How are things going back home? I have to sleep under a mosquito net. And sometimes there are lizards in our house that climb the wall. But we have a pretty nice little apartment. I hate cold showers with a bucket. So I'm going to go and buy one of those water wormers they sell here. Dad please keep putting money in my account. I calculated it out and were only getting like 150 dollars with the mission card. But my other card does work so that's good.
Oh they have Wendy's and Burger King I've already eaten there. Thank goodness for American food. I'm kinda starting to get over the diarrhea and all that so that's good. Its crazy like people will just stare at me cause they have never seen a gringo before its funny. Lets see what else my ward is OK like everyone shows up after sacrament. Hondurans kinda talk a lot and are always late. But I just have to deal with the Honduran weirdness.
It was cool for General Conference porque my other gringos in my district got our own room, so that was sweet to have all of the English Elders together. I think we are all going bowling today for P day. So that will be fun. Whats going on in America? Has Joseph started his papers yet? Are Derick and Devin still alive in Russia? I think Layne is doing good. Tell them I love them. How are all of the nieces and nephews doing? Are they getting bigger? Tell them I love them. It's funny here all of the buses are decked out or pimped out, they have rims and stuff.
Well I love you all. I'm still alive and doing fine. Thank you for your prayers. I love you mom and dad, and sisters, and the whole family. Thank you for your example for me.
Later Elder Jenkins
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment