Tuesday, September 30, 2008

First letter and pictures sent home from Honduras
















Well I'm in Honduras and first of I'm thankful that I'm an American. Honduras is an interesting place. my area that I'm in is call la Honduras its kinda in the outside of Tegucigalpa. my companions name is elder celino. he is a native and does not speak much English. But I'm teaching him English while he teaches me Spanish. Well I'm going to tell you one of my first experiences. i was teaching or trying to this one family who lives on a mountain. lets just say they live in sticks. The shed in the back yard is a mansion compared to what they live in. But anyways they ask me if i want lemonade and i say sure so they give it to me and it has a worm swimming around in it. i know gross yuck. so i was like let us pray then i took the worm out while we were praying and through it out and yes i drank the nastiest thing I've ever drunk in my life. But it was interesting. I have a pretty nice apartment it is clean and has tile. The people down here talk so fast its ridiculous how fast they talk. I do still get dear elders so if you want send them. my president is soo cool. He doesn't speak English but you can tell hes a really good person. Mom you though the steps of hell where bad in Utah. Come To Tegucigalpa this place is worse than outer darkness with so many stairs. Everywhere there is stairs. How are things going back in the states. I'm kinda home sick but oh well these 2 years will fly by. i anointed in a couple blessing already that was cool. Oh and i found a doughnut shop so that's good. its really hot and humid here. it really is crazy and this is the rainy season and when it rains you get wet. We invited a lot of people to church and they said they would come but none did. The bishop got mad but he can just shut the heck up. We need help from the members as well. Lets see my p day is on Monday. So at 7.50 am ill be on the computer so we can chat back and forth. its crazy some people are so poor you see them digging in the trash. The dogs are the nastiest looking things. and there is allot of drunk people that lay down in the street. Well what else i think we have 2 baptisms the 10 of October but we have to get them to church. my Spanish is growing but my head hurts everyday because they talk so fast its like they don't even breathe. it is very jungley here and i have to sleep under a mosquito net. and you shower with a bucket. so be thankful that you live in America. The people here are the craziest drivers i feel like I'm going to die when i get in a taxi. Well i love you all. Thanks for your prayers for me they do help me. i love you all Elder Seth William Jenkins.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My name is Jenny, I am Jamey's friend. I have been enjoying your missionary blog. Seth this letter was very entertaining. It sounds like you may lose a few pounds.
What an exciting time for you! Our family will keep you in our prayers!

Sariahfied said...

I love the story of the worm! I'm going to tell that to Jacen. He's a little picky about his food and I'm always telling him, "When you go on your mission...." <:

October 2, 2008 8:58 AM


JJ said...
I'm glad to hear that he's doing well. His letter sounded a lot like my brother's from Tijuana. It seems like so long ago...

October 2, 2008 11:02 AM


Rochel and Mark said...
That's a great story about the worm. Funny that he saw it, said let's pray and then tossed the worm out on it's head! He looks really happy!

October 2, 2008 8:11 PM


Kelli said...
The story about the worm is so funny and sad. I'm sure you'll have plenty more of these stories before he gets home. i'm glad he's doing well.

October 4, 2008 5:31 PM