Wednesday, October 22, 2008

October 20th Letter Home

Hey family mom and dad.
Well I'm still alive and Spanish is coming along. I just have to puzzle it together sometime to figure out what they are saying. Well i had my first baptism on Saturday it was freaking cool. His name is Daniel hes 11 and is always excited to go to church and hear the gospel. The difficult thing in the baptism is remembering the name because they have like 10 names down here but the rest is cake. So that was a cool experience.

It was cool last night we were teaching this family whose all members but the dad is inactive. And I don't know how i did it but i just started talking and it just flowed from my mouth. And i got across fluently what i wanted to say. It was cool I know Heavenly Father helped me because afterwards I was like wow how the heck did i do that? So that was a really neat experience. Oh mom and dad if you want to google earth my area its la Honduras in Tegucigalpa. Or my stake center is Kennedy. So you can look at that.
Today our whole district is going to this place called valley of angels. It’s like this tourist spot some where on a mountain. Well my area that I’m in is OK. It has a mountain so that sucks climbing it everyday in the rain. Dad send a good umbrella my other one is worn out. like a Columbia or something of good quality. Lets see I'm still kinda pooping runny but its getting better. Its nice we eat Wendy's or Popeye's chicken every p day. So that's cool. How are the twins and Layne and Justin doing? I hope all is well with them.
Its crazy as a missionary you see things alot differently than i ever have before in my life. Some days just plain suck and are hard but when you find someone who is willing to listen and who’s interested it’s all worth it. The mission is hard. you don't hear about that when people are telling stories or in the MTC. But I guess I'm being molded into what God wants me to be. How is Megan M. doing? I hope the adoption is going smooth for them. Brenna Jamey Sari I love you hope all is well with your families and life. Dad and mom feel free to edit whatever you think is appropriate in this letter. Did dad vote for McCain for me? I hope Obama does not win. Then definitely our country will crumble.

I love you all so much. This parting will be only for a short time.
Your son and brother and friend.
Elder Seth William Jenkins.

No comments: