Tuesday, October 28, 2008

First attempt at being robbed...October 27, 2008

Well things are going great in Honduras. But this week was a tough week. What makes it tough is the climate and the mountain. But its all worth it because we have 5 baptisms lined up for November first. So it was worth all the hard work.

Lets see we visited Valley of Angels and it was cool. I'll have to take you there when you pick me up despues me mission. It was cool on the way back. Rain washed out the road it was sweet I'm sending pictures. It made a cave under the road. So we had to get out of the bus and hike and the bus had to take a different direction to pick us up. So that was cool.

Oh and I had my first experience of some one trying to rob me and my comp. It was funny. This guy was like "hey come here," so me and my comp go to talk to him. Then I start talking with him and he's like, "give me your money." This guy was pretty wasted and I said no. Then I just kept talking to him. Then he takes out this knife but the funny part was it was a knife with a curved end and not even a real knife. Then my comp and I just joke around with him and just left. I really wanted to hit him for just being a stupid idiot. But its all good. That was an interesting experience.

Lets see I think we are going to play soccer today. They really like soccer down here. Mom send more shirts please, and socks. Gracias. But let's see what else went on... oh its sad there were 12 people in church when it was supposed to start at 8. It's embarrassing when you have investigators and there's not very many people. But the rest of the 100 and something show up like 20 minutes late. That's a good day. I think the temple is being postponed because of this until the members get on the ball. The blessings that come from the temple are awesome and I want them to experience it but they must act first.

There's this Elder named Elder Foster. He and I get along really well and he's a good athlete so its good to have some competition. Oh this week I had bad diarrhea really bad. We were walking and I told Elder Celino I need a bathroom in Spanish. And we were way the heck out in a different part of our area. I was like I need a taxi to get to the apartment. I cant walk. He said, its your money. I said I'll spend the 1 dollar for a stupid taxi. So we found one and I was able to take care of business.

We did service at some old guy's building a garage so we helped dig out a bunch of dirt. Well I love you all so much. Thank you for your prayers tell the twins, Layne, Justin I love em and the family. Is Joseph working on his papeles?
I'm still fighting for the good.
Your son,
Elder Seth William Jenkins

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am so proud of you cousin! I love hearing how things are going for you. Yes, good ole soccer! Dan would be proud, I am sure he would be in hog heaven.
It sounds as if you take life one day at a time and I honestly believe that is the best. Remember that tomorrow is always a new day.
I love and miss you lots
Heather