Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Email sent Monday October 13, 2008

Well I'm still alive! No Honduras isn't that bad mom! And yes I do carry pure water with me everywhere. I have more pictures but I forgot to bring the cable to connect to the computer.
Well our baptisms for that date did fall through, so that is frustrating but we do baptize this kid named Daniel on the 18. I hope it goes through. He is such a cool kid he’s 11 and is just really interested. Then we have the family Gonzales that we are going to baptize soon and Worm man and woman are going to get baptized the 1 of November because we are waiting for their marriage certificate. This is a big problem to get people married down here. But it's all good. We had 6 investigators at church yesterday it was so cool. I'm glad they came. I felt so happy that they came and found out that fasting really does help. It is really hard to fast in this place because its so HOT and humid but it was worth it.

Mom you thought the steps of hell at BYU were bad, come to Tegucigalpa! It's like outer darkness. Probably worse. But it's good I definitely get a leg workout every day. Oh and my district goes to the gym every morning except Monday and Sunday. It's pretty nice I only had to pay about 3 dollars and 50 cents for a month. I have a lady that cooks for us 1 meal a day. Her family is cool. And a lady does our laundry. But I'd rather have a washing machine.

Well lets see at the beginning of the week we went to this investigators house and it seems like he was interested he is 83 then we were like we’ll come back another day and teach some more. He said OK. So we go back and he's yelling at me "I hate gringos and blah blah" it was funny I just laughed and said "have a good day" and went and found more people. Then there was this little girl who came up to me and pinched me and told me the same thing! I'll let that slide with little kids but when an adult ever does that to me, Its not going to be pretty. But there are some of the coolest people here. They are really nice and accepting to listen. But it’s the same in all of the world there are good and bad people everywhere.

I just got a haircut and just buzzed it cause its so hot. the mission Pres. does not mind. He’s so cool. Pres Chaverri is such a good hard worker. My comp is a good hard worker and we do work our tails off every day. It’s nice to come back to the apartment and take a nice cold bucket shower. The family Gonzales is going to get baptized the 25 hopefully.
Oh when people ask me where I'm from I say Texas because no one knows where New Mexico is. So I just say Texas. ( Aunt Judy you were right about that.) How are things back in America? I hope things get better. I hope we get a good pres. Dad vote for McCain for me. Gracias. Sari your house you are looking at sounds maciszo. (Cool in Honduras.) Brenna how is your fam? Is daisy moving yet? Jamey how the heck are you doing? That's cool you get a temple.
Mom and Dad keep sending the money. I'm really conservative with it. The women in Honduras are crazy even in the church. Like weird. We are going to play soccer today for p day. Against another district. I even scored a couple goals. Which is hard cuz they are really good at soccer down here. And when the National team plays it's hard to work because no one will answer the door. So you just plan or read or something. And when Honduras scores you hear the whole country go goalllllllll!!! It's freaking sweet!

Tell Megan and Johnny I'm praying for them with this adoption process. And mom and everyone I don't know my house address so keep emailing and dear eldering. Tell Jordan Boswell he better go on a mission. I hope his season in b ball goes good. Is Joseph working on his papers? Please tell me what's up. Its so good to hear from my country and home. Well I love all of you so much! Thank you for your prayers for me they give me strength. Mom and Dad I love you. Thanks for raising me right.
Well I'll write soon.
Elder Seth William Jenkins

1 comment:

Elder Seth Jenkins said...

Sorry if this got sent to you a million times Seth! I couldn't get the font to show up. I had to change the color a million times. Love you!
~Jamey