Saturday, November 15, 2008

Email from Monday November 10 2008

Well how are things back in the United States?
I heard we have a terrorist Muslim in the white house. He won't last long hopefully he'll get impeached.
Well lets see stories... OK I'm in the bathroom at church taking a pee when all of a sudden a sister just walks behind me and says "hey elder" and just walks out. I have no idea why she was using the guys bathroom but it was definitely a shock. But that was kind of funny.

This week we have been contacting allot since we baptised our investigators so that's all we've basically been doing this week. Really I have no idea what I'm doing 90 percent of the time but I know it's right and I have to keep going forward even when its hard. The language is moving along day by day and I'm thankful I'm starting to understand the full conversations but still have problems when they bust out in the really fast mode. So it will probably take me 5 months to really be comfortable.

How are things in Carlsbad? I hope all is well. Well I got in my first really good bible bash with a JW it was awesome! I read a scripture to him that said God and Christ are separate individuals and it was awesome man JW's are weird.
Lets see you know that mountain I keep telling you all about that I climb? Well we climbed to the very top and contacted and placed Book of Mormons there it was a really good work out. Its amazing how they live on cliffs. Oh and its funny little kids will come up and just touch me and run away because they have never seen a white person before. Its kind of like truth or dare for the little kids to go touch the gringo.
P day is my favorite day of the week, because we get to eat American food. I did not have the runs that much this week which I'm so thankful. Mom supposedly they have a Distribution Center here so if I need g's I can go there. Tell Brenna I love here and I hope she gets better. Man it sucks being sick.

Well I'm still in la Honduras and the work is moving along. The members really don't show up until after sacrament, and its kind of like what's the point of church? And the bishop shows up late every Sunday to open up the church. Oh the life of the mission. Well I love you Jamey and Sari and hope all is well with y'all. I need Sari's new address. Well I love you all so much thank you for your prayers they help me. Keep sending dear elders. Tell the twins Layne, Justin whats up for me. Oh I wonder how Tommy is doing. Tell him that I think Peru people are weird because my comp does weird Peru stuff like claps with his feet when he laughs really hard and eats not cooked meat.

Love you all checke nos vemos.
Elder Seth William Jenkins

No comments: