Today was Seth's farewell and it was short and sweet. Seth opened his talk, allow me to summarize, saying "I didn't have time to write my own talk and so I decided to use my Dad's farewell talk from 1972...let me just dust it off..." then he proceeded to blow baby powder off of the podium. It was classic. He proceeded with a wonderful heart felt talk that he actually wrote but it was his testimony that got me all choked up. I am in awe that my "little" brother (he is about 6' 4") is all grown up, loves the gospel, and is so dedicated to go serve the Lord for two years. He said it best, "I am going to go work for the best 'Boss' in the universe." After Seth, my niece Chloe who is 6 got up (with the support of her sister Emmy and cousin Jay, who hid behind her) and sang "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission." It was so, so sweet! After that, my sister's and I got up and sang "Love One Another" while Michelle McCutcheon accompanied and Cami Bluth played the violin. We sang the second verse in Spanish (Seth is serving a Spanish-speaking mission) and probably butchered the pronunciation but as my sis Jamey said, "It was an act of love!"After church we had a huge get-together at our home. Dad made some amazing brisket and people came to wish Seth well. The homemade strawberry and root beer ice cream was soooo yummy, (Thanks mom and Aunt Cheryl) and the kids were occupied by a jump around toy mom got for the grand kids
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Mission Farwell
Today was Seth's farewell and it was short and sweet. Seth opened his talk, allow me to summarize, saying "I didn't have time to write my own talk and so I decided to use my Dad's farewell talk from 1972...let me just dust it off..." then he proceeded to blow baby powder off of the podium. It was classic. He proceeded with a wonderful heart felt talk that he actually wrote but it was his testimony that got me all choked up. I am in awe that my "little" brother (he is about 6' 4") is all grown up, loves the gospel, and is so dedicated to go serve the Lord for two years. He said it best, "I am going to go work for the best 'Boss' in the universe." After Seth, my niece Chloe who is 6 got up (with the support of her sister Emmy and cousin Jay, who hid behind her) and sang "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission." It was so, so sweet! After that, my sister's and I got up and sang "Love One Another" while Michelle McCutcheon accompanied and Cami Bluth played the violin. We sang the second verse in Spanish (Seth is serving a Spanish-speaking mission) and probably butchered the pronunciation but as my sis Jamey said, "It was an act of love!"After church we had a huge get-together at our home. Dad made some amazing brisket and people came to wish Seth well. The homemade strawberry and root beer ice cream was soooo yummy, (Thanks mom and Aunt Cheryl) and the kids were occupied by a jump around toy mom got for the grand kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
this is beautiful sariah thank you. dad
Post a Comment